Welcome to the Adélie Linux Help Centre
This Web site contains the official documentation for installing, using,
and configuring the Adélie Linux operating environment. It also contains ways
to contact the community if you have any issues that you cannot solve with our
We hope you enjoy your stay and that you find everything you need. Here are a few good places to start:
- If you are installing Adélie for the first time, see our step-by-step handbook to unlocking your computer's potential!
- If you're new to Adélie and Linux, see our friendly Desktop Handbook.
- If you're new to Adélie, but have used Linux before, see our Administrator's Handbook for common day-to-day administrative tasks, and our Cheat Sheet for a quick reference.
Full Documentation List
Our official documentation is written in concise, plain English. You don't have to be a wizard to understand it.
- User's Handbook: Plasma Desktop Edition
- The official manual for using the Adélie Linux 1.0 system with the Plasma desktop envrionment.
- Administrator's Handbook
- The official manual for maintaining an Adélie Linux 1.0 system.
- Developer's Handbook
- The official manual for writing packages for the Adélie Linux 1.0 system.
- Installation Handbook
- The official manual for installing the Adélie Linux 1.0 system.
- Porting Guide
- Details how to port the Adélie Linux system to a new computer system.
Can't find it?
If you still need help after consulting the documentation, you can ask our community. We have a number of resources available.
- Our community wiki is full of useful information and resources, and also contains a handy list of tutorials.
- Mailing Lists
- You can search the list archives to see if someone has already asked your question. If you can't find it, you can post to the list using your email client, or right from your supported browser.
- Chat Room (#Adelie-Support on Interlinked)
- You can join the chat and talk among other users just like you. You can stick around and help answer the questions of others.
- Twitter (@AdelieHelp)
- You can Tweet or DM our official Adélie Linux support account. Note that due to backlog, it may take us up to a week to respond, and depending on the nature of your issue, we may be unable to provide assistance via the Twitter platform.
Want to help?
The source code for our documentation is open source, and waiting for your contribution!